Medicare Wellness Exams are a no cost to you service covered under your Medicare insurance plan. This service is offered as a preventive measure to help ensure you maintain your best possible health.
What is it?
Wellness visits are intended for a provider and patient to discuss preventative care, screenings and immunizations. Your provider will develop a personalized prevention plan that is designed to help prevent disease and disability based on your current health and risk factors. Your provider will ask you to fill out a questionnaire, called a “Health Risk Assessment,” as part of this visit. Answering these questions can help you and your provider develop a personalized prevention plan to help you stay healthy and get the most out of your visit.
How much does it cost?
Upon enrolling in Medicare Part B, an initial preventative physical exam is covered at no cost to the patient if scheduled within one year of enrollment. Annual subsequent visits are also at no-cost for Medicare Part B patients.
How it can benefit you?
Wellness visits are intended to keep Medicare beneficiaries healthy or help become healthier.
This important yearly examination includes:
- A review of your medical and family history.
- Developing or updating a list of current providers and prescriptions.
- Height, weight, blood pressure, and other routine measurements.
- Detection of any cognitive impairment.
- Personalized health advice.
- A list of risk factors and treatment options for you.
- A screening schedule (like a checklist) for appropriate preventive services. Get details about coverage for screenings, shots, and other preventive services.
- Advance care planning
Let's get you on the road to better health - Call 618-244-6222 and ask for your Medicare Wellness Visit.
Family Medicine of Mt. Vernon
4101 North Water Tower Place
Mt. Vernon, IL 62864
Family Medicine of Wayne City
1209 West Robinson Avenue
Wayne City, IL 62895
Crossroads Medical Group
205 Bailey Lane, Suite F
Benton, IL 62812
Family Medicine of Mt. Vernon and Family Medicine of Wayne City are a part of Crossroads Community Hospital.