Nephrology focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of kidney conditions. The kidneys are responsible for removing wastes from our blood, maintaining the body’s electrolyte balance and releasing hormones that manage such things as blood pressure. When kidneys are not functioning correctly, our blood must be filtered mechanically by way of dialysis. Our nephrologist works with you on an individualized treatment plan to help improve kidney health and function.
We are dedicated to providing compassionate, personalized nephrology care through collaboration with other health care professionals in our community. Our Board-Certified nephrologist specializes in kidney care, including the treatment of chronic kidney disease (CKD), end-stage renal disease (ESRD) and acute kidney injury (AKI).
- Renal, needle and percutaneous kidney biopsy
- Hemodialysis and peritoneal dialysis (continuous therapies)
- EKG interpretations
- Management of renal transplant
- Metabolic evaluation and treatment of metabolic abnormalities
- Nephrology related treatment of drug overdose
- Chronic renal failure (insufficiency)
- Fluid and electrolyte disorders
- Kidney swelling due to glomerulonephritis or interstitial nephritis
- Nephrotic syndrome
- Acute pyelonephritis
- Renal tubular disorders
- End state renal disease